|The Group > Large-Scale Systems > Solutions > Defence Systems
In Defence Systems, we continuously build on our cumulative experience acquired over the past 40 years of integrating, maintaining and upgrading weapons and electronic systems.
We provide System Life Cycle Solutions to defence and non-defence customers.
ST Electronics' involvement in major platform building and multi combat systems integration programmes cover a full spectrum of system life cycle activities. This cycle continues into system upgrades, obsolescence management and/or acquisition of new systems.
System Life Cycle activities are:
- Systems Engineering
- System design & development of electronic systems
- System upgrading of naval & air defence systems
- Ruggedisation design of COTS for harsh environment
- Manufacture of rugged defence & industrial products
- Systems Integration
- System integration of combat & electronic systems
- Interface design management for multi-systems integration
- Installation, checkout, integration & testing (ICIT)
- Project & Production Management
- Full spectrum programmes/projects activities management
- System specifications, design reviews, acceptance and delivery management
- Integrated Logistics and Maintenance Support
- Operation & maintenance of naval, land & air defence systems, as well as airport & commercial systems
- Test programme set development for automated depot repair
- Calibration & repair of test, measuring & diagnostic equipment